Thursday 27 March 2014

Pretty


Bringing in some of spring. I've not got many daffodils in the garden, so the few that are there are staying there, so I can hopefully enjoy their cheerful colours for longer.


I walk past blackthorn in the hedges nearly every day, and today I could not resist the temptation to pick them and bring them in. They're making the table by the sofa a bit more happy.


These helebores are making me even more happy. There's three or so colours in the garden, taking over a large chunk of a border and flowering profusely. They seem like such big bold flowers after all the delicate snowdrops and crocuses, but the petals are papery fragile at the same time. Normally they're shy and hang down on their stems away from prying eyes, but bunched together and using each other as support, you get to see the delicate patterns inside.

Nice flowers to make your heart sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment