Monday 17 March 2014

Sunshine!

My husband always says I'm solar powered. I think he's right there, as when it's grey for weeks on end I'm grouchy and tired, but when it's sunny out, I have so much energy. R's sleep is getting better (we think she may have had an ear infection, though there wasn't much to report by the time we got to the doctors) but I'm still feeling that waking up at least twice a night is too much for me, however this weekend, I've been so happy and bouncy.


It's definitely partly the weather. This was the sunset from our bedroom window on Saturday.


Just stunning! Some of my good mood is from the sheer joy in the sunshine, I was happy even pottering about indoors. Some of it is from being able to just go out - shoes on and off we go, no faffing about with layers of coats and scarves, wondering are mittens are needed? No, R shuffles over to her shoes and waves them at me, we pop them on her waggling feet, and then out the door and down to the park, bliss! I've also been able to do a little bit of gardening which I've been itching to do. Nothing much, not enough to satisfy the itch, but a few plants taken from pots and put into the front garden, others put into bigger pots.


Something else that made me happy happy happy: a morning phone call from my Dad asking if we were doing anything much today and if not, would we like to meet up with him, Mum, my sister and her boyfriend? Yay! My sister is currently living in Switzerland, so we don't get to see each other that much, so a chance to see her and catch up was wonderful!


We met halfway, at Lydiard park in Swindon. It was beautifully warm and sunny, and consequently heaving! R spent a fair amount of time pointing out all the interesting things: dogs, balls, scooters, bikes, birds, other small children...


So we didn't get to do much catching up, but R did an astonishing amount of walking, all the while saying Da, Da as she pointed at those Most Interesting Things.


I found some pretty interesting things too (at least to me!) The buds on the horse chestnut on the edge of bursting open,


and the delicate white blackthorn flowers. Yay for sunny weekends and family visits!


No comments:

Post a Comment